Hunting License 

A new state law, Act 148 of 2022, allows the Pennsylvania Game Commission to modernize and simplify how antlerless deer licenses are sold.  Read more information at the Antlerless Deer Licenses website.

Permits for Hunters & Trappers with Disabilities. Licenses for resident veterans with disabilities are available only from county treasurers.

Please visit the Pennsylvania Game Commission website for the current year’s license and pricing information.

Reduced-Fee National Guard or Resident Reserves Licenses

In order to qualify for a Reduced-Fee Resident National Guard or Resident Reserves Hunting License, the applicant must have been, within the last 24 months, deployed overseas for a period of 180 consecutive days or more or was released early from such service because of injury or disease incurred in the line of duty. Applicants must show proof of individual or unit orders showing the return date from overseas, as well as proof of residency (options listed below). 

Active Duty members of the U.S. Armed Forces or U.S. Coast Guard who have been officially stationed and quartered in PA for a period of 30 consecutive days immediately preceding application for a license, may be issued a resident license. Military personnel who apply for a resident license or must produce their military identification card and proof of their active duty status and residency via

  1. Official orders verifying residency status or home of record
  2. Pay stub verifying residency status or home of record
  3. Official Residency Certificate issued by their military branch

In order to be eligible for Armed Forces Antlerless deer licenses the applicant must be a resident full time active duty or within sixty days of their honorable discharge. Applicants must still produce substantial proof of their military status (listed above). Military personnel are guaranteed one antlerless deer license.

For detailed information on specific license types and issuing agents, or to obtain an Elk license, please contact the State License Division at (717) 787-2084.